Brand Directory: Patek Philippe

← Back to brand directory

Patek,Czapek & Cie is founded by Antoine Norbert de Patek and François Czapek in 1839. The company name becomes Patek, Philippe & Cie –Fabricants à Genève in 1851. They created the first Swiss wristwatch, made for Countess Koscowicz of Hungary In 1868.

They produced the first complicated ladies’ wristwatch with a five-minute repeater, No. 174 603 in 1916.

In 1923 they sold the first split-seconds chronograph wristwatch, No. 124 824. 

In 1932 we saw the launch of the first Calatrava: Ref. 96

The business begins with the regular production of perpetual calendar wristwatches in 1941. They win a record number of first prizes for precision in the Geneva Observatory competition in 1944. Later in 1962, a tourbillon movement achieves the still unbeaten world timekeeping precision record for a mechanical watch, at the Geneva Observatory. In 1976 we saw the launch of the first Nautilus sports watches Ref. 3700/1 in steel. To celebrate their anniversary