Brand Directory: Lanco
In 1873, the Langendorf Watch Company was founded to produce watches under the Lanco name, located in the village of Langendorf, Switzerland. Building machines to manufacture watches in a new and innovative way. With the influx of cheap quartz watches during the 1970s from Asia, the operation was finally closed down in 1973. As of 1998, new Lanco watches are being sold in South Africa by S. Bacher & Company, under license from The Swatch Group.