Brand Directory: H. Moser & Cie
Heinrich Moser, born in Schaffhausen, founded H. Moser & Cie. in 1828. As a young entrepreneur, he quickly learnt about the watchmaking profession. He found himself in St. Petersburg and soon became “the specialist” for its aristocracy.
They built a factory employing several hundred craftspeople in Switzerland. He produced around 500,000 watches during his lifetime. The watches ranged from three-hand watches to incredible “Grande complications”. Heinrich was passionate and deeply involved in the industrialisation of Schaffhausen, including the building of the first Swiss dam, which featured an innovative hydro-mechanical turbine to produce energy for the machinery used in watch production.
Due to the “quartz crisis,” they became a part of the Dixi Mechanique Group. Their original brand name was dropped, becoming "Hy Moser & Cie". In 2002, Dr Jürgen Lange and Heinrich Moser's great-grandson Roger Nicholas Balsiger, founded Moser Schaffhausen AG. In 2005, they built a new factory in Schaffhausen, Switzerland, and H. Moser & Cie trademark was formally re-launched. The MELB Holding Group has owned H. Moser & Cie, CEO, the former boss at Audemars Piguet, Georges-Henri Meylan. They have been based in Le Brassus in Switzerland since 2012.