Brand Directory: Felco
Fritz Schluep set up his watch company with just three employees, under the name Felco in 1919 which was later changed to Felca AG. Based in Grenchen, Switzerland. He quickly established sales in Germany, America and Japan, expanding his workforce to 15 in just one year. Felca was awarded an order for 30,000 watches by the US Army, before the end of the second world war. In 1950 they founded Titoni for the Middle East and Asian markets. During the 1960s after the death of Fritz the company was renamed Felca & Titoni Uhren AG. It is one of the few Swiss watch companies that have remained an independent family-oriented company.