Brand Directory: Clinton Watch Company
Clinton Watch Company was established by Hyman Wein, who was a Russian immigrant, living in Chicago in 1922. The name was Trademarked in the U.S. in 1938. Rather than manufacturing his watches in house, he imported reliable cost-effective Swiss movements, which were then assembled and sold in the United States. In the 1960s, his son Irving Wein decided to move the company’s manufacturing to Neuchâtel, Switzerland. Sadly like many small Swiss manufacturers in the 1970s, the company closed its operation and moved to the U.S. Virgin Islands.