Brand Directory: Chopard
Le Petit-Fils de L.-U. Chopard & Cie S.A. is more commonly known as Chopard. It was founded in 1860 by Louis-Ulysse Chopard in Sonvilier,
Switzerland. Local farmers during the hard winters would assemble watches that would be collected by the master-watchmaker.
Paul-Louis Chopard opened in 1915 a branch in the nearby town of La-Chaux-de-Fonds. Later in 1937, the company was relocated to the heart of Geneva. Karl-Scheufele III, goldsmith and watchmaker owned ESZEHA making jewellery and watches. He was looking for a Swiss supplier and came to Geneva where Chopard was last on his list, they immediately got on and a deal was struck.
Germany’s Scheufele family has owned Chopard since 1963. Their clients included Tsar Nicholas II of Russia.
In 2010 Chopard joined the Responsible Jewellery Council. Three years later, Chopard created the world’s first watch crafted from Fairmined gold.