Brand Directory: Certina
Certina was founded in 1888 by Adolf and Alfred Kurth in Grenchen Switzerland. Where they made movements and supplies for the watch industry. Shortly afterwards they started making their own watches and grew their workforce from 3 to 250 in 1938 when they celebrated their 50th Anniversary. By 1955 they had 500 employees and were producing 1000 watches a day. This expansion continued in 1971 where they were producing 600,000 watches every year with a workforce of 900. In 1983 Certina became a member of the Swatch group which they continue to this day.