Rodania was first introduced in 1930 by Hans Baumgartner in the town of Grenchen Switzerland. It had two centers of export, one in Brussels and the other in Montreal in Canada. In 1964 Rodania went to Antarctica where it was worn by the expedition commander during Belgium's sixth such expedition. Today Rodania remains an independent Swiss watch brand.
Here we have a 1950s Rodania; A 33.5mm round chrome plated case has attractive dog leg fancy lugs that elegantly taper. A lug to lug length of 43mm and a thickness of 11mm ensures a comfortable fit on your wrist. On the right side, a signed original crown. A polished bezel holds a domed crystal. The star of the show has to be this textured sector dial, applied dagger indexes mark the hours. Elegant dauphine hands with a tapered red center seconds hand complete the dial. The text is finely printed. On the reverse a screw-down case back. Inside an Automatic Felsa 690 Bidynator, 17 jewels, 18,000 beats per hour. It is one of the first automatic movements to have a bi-directional rotor. Friedrich Meyer patented the mechanism in 1947. The watch comes fitted on an 18mm leather strap.
Points of Mention
This watch is sold as "Watch Only" and therefore comes with no original Rodania box or paperwork. The watch comes paired with a well-suited brown leather strap. The watch is from Circa. 1950s and is in worn, vintage condition with signs of age and wear throughout. The watch comes with our 12-Months NON-Waterproof Warranty.