Brand Directory: Edox Watch Company

← Back to brand directory

The Edox Watch company was founded in 1884 by Christian Ruefly-Flury, a watchmaker in Biel-Bienne. In 1900 he chose “the Hour Glass” as the logo of Edox watches. In 1921 after the death of Christian Ruefly-Flury, the company was taken over by Robert Haufmann Hug.

In 1950 Edox moved into new and much larger production premises. In 1983 Victor Strambini took over the control of the company by buying shares from ASUAG and he then moved the company to the Jura region of Switzerland. Since this time, Edox has been a family-owned independent watch company. In 1998 Edox launched the world’s slimmest calendar watch. In 2019 they celebrated their 135th anniversary